Hope that everyone is staying safe through this pandemic and that you are remembering to exercise and take your supplements to keep your immune system in tact. These are hard times for everyone but we’ll get through this. We always do, in the meantime while we have this time stuck indoors what better time to exercise if you’re not already. In this post I’d like to talk about “what is the best home gym equipment?” since most of us are trying to be safe and staying indoors, it’s a perfect time to begin a workout regimen.
What really makes me mad is that a lot of people are not taking this virus serious and the social distancing that we should all be doing. As of this writing there are 78,200 deaths in the USA and 275,000 worldwide. This virus does not discriminate, it will hit the rich,the poor, black or white it doesn’t matter. Besides social distancing, making sure to wash your hands often, wearing masks, and wearing gloves when possible.
You also want to build your immune system up, exercising,eating healthy foods,taking supplements like multi-vitamins along with some extra vitamin C will help you to build a stronger immune system. So let’s stay ahead of this thing and build our immune systems up so that if God forbid you happen to unfortunately contract the virus you’ll have a much better chance of fighting it, and surviving it!
I personally take a multi-vitamin, 2000 mg’s of vitamin C, and fish oil. Being overweight, smoking, drinking excessively will all compromise your immune system. So let us all try and live a healthy lifestyle and the benefit is that when this is all over with, you’ll be in great shape with a strong immune system. And hopefully you’ll continue to live that way long after it’s all over with.
Since the gyms are closed, “what is the best home gym equipment?” is a topic being asked and there are so many answers. But i’ll try to stick with the basics. First thing you need to ask yourself is “what physical shape am I in at this particular time?” You need to be realistic with yourself since you want to purchase equipment that’s not going to be too difficult to use or you won’t use it.
If your just starting out then you need to start with the basics, push-ups, sit-ups, jumping jacks, etc…. In no time you’ll be ready for some workout equipment, or you can start out with workout equipment just be easy on yourself. The purpose of working-out is to get healthy and in shape, not to injure yourself!
You also need to set goals, realistic goals, don’t try to push yourself too hard and don’t expect to see results overnight. Just like everything else worth having, it takes time but as long as you stay consistent you’ll start to see results in a matter of weeks!
Nutrition is a must when you begin any workout regimen, try to get your lean proteins and carbs from food sources but if need to, then protein powders and meal replacement packets are also a good and convenient way to make sure you’re getting the proper balance of protein and carbs.
Cut the fat and junk food out as much as possible. I’m not saying to cut it out altogether but if you need to have that fried chicken or pizza then do so in moderation. Trust me, I love fried chicken and pizza and I still eat it, but in moderation. Pick 1 day a week to treat yourself for all of your hard work, and that doesn’t mean to sit there and eat a bucket of chicken or a large pizza lol.
Consistent workouts along with proper nutrition will give you amazing results in a short amount of time. So anyway let’s get to some answers to “what is the best home gym equipment?” There are many variables to that question but I want to keep it as simple as possible. Space, conveniency,budget,objective. These are a few of the most important questions you want to ask yourself before purchasing any gym equipment.
But space should never be an excuse, I have a very good friend who lives in a RV, this amazing woman has every excuse not to workout since she has such limited space. But she does it, without fail 3 times a week, and has been achieving some very impressive results from her efforts. I have nothing but total respect for this woman. She’s never given up no matter how frustrating it gets at times. She “Kicks butt” and continues to do so week after week. She’s a remarkable woman!
So if anyone has the excuse not to workout it would be her, but she doesn’t use excuses and neither should you! If my friend can do it out of an RV than there’s no reason you can’t do it wherever you live or how much space you have. There were times when I had to workout in a bedroom. Anyway I’m sure you get my point, no excuses! Even if you use resistance bands or a couple of free weights, something is always better than nothing.
Trust me, in time you’ll be so use to it that it won’t be an issue and you’ll wonder why you haven’t done this sooner. But okay that’s enough of my lecturing for today, let’s see if there is something you’ll be able to use to achieve your fitness goals, stay in shape and be healthy!
So I’m putting up a few different kinds of equipment, some want cardio equipment, some resistance training, hopefully you’ll find something that will fill your needs, remember to consider what your objectives are which should be to get in shape, strengthen your immune system and your mind! Being quarantined for an unknown amount of time can really mess with your mind, so you want to strengthen your mind as much as your body. Stay strong, keep the faith and hopefully this will all be over with soon!
Bowflex Home Gym Series
- .Offers over 50 gym quality exercises to workout your entire body
- Provides as little as 5 or as many as 210 pounds: of Power Rod resistance
- Multi-use hand grip or ankle cuffs designed to add flexibility and performance to any workout using the Quick change Power rod system
- Up gradable resistance to 310 pounds
- Heavy duty steel construction frame offering long term durability
Total Gym Apex G1 Versatile Indoor Home Workout Total Body Strength Training Fitness Equipment with 6 Levels of Resistance and Attachments
- Variety of workouts- Start your own workout program right at home with 6 levels of resistance and 60+ exercises with Total gym. Low impact,fluid movements- effortlessly transition from one exercise to the next
- Quick Workouts- Just 15 to 20 minutes a day, 3 to 4 days a week on your home gym will make a difference. For all fitness levels ages 8-80. Supports a maximum weight of 300 pounds.
- Total Body Method- Tones, strengthens, and conditions muscles in the upper and lower body for a total body exercise experience. Assists with body sculpting, weight loss, health maintenance, energy, and more.
- Accessories included- Includes wing attachment, leg pull accessory, exercise wall chart, Total Gym TV access, exercise & nutrition guides, owner’s manual, and DVD
- Product info- Padded, ergonomic glideboard. Quality steel frame with auto-lock height adjustment. Folds easy for storage. When in use, equipment measures 93-inches in length, 43.25-inches tall, and 15.5-inches wide. 6 month warranty.
Marcy Multifunction Steel Home Gym 150lb Stack MVM-988
- STEEL CONSTRUCTION- This home gym system is made of heavy-duty 14 gauge steel tube frame and vinyl coated for extra durability with a total weight of 150 lbs. Change your settings by simply inserting the weight pin into your desired weight and lift.
- DUAL FUNCTION PRESS ARM- This press arm has two settings: vertical butterfly and chest press. When set to vertical butterfly, each press swings individually to strengthen the muscles while switching to chest press is easy by inserting the pin and lift.
- DOUBLE PULLEY STATION- Two separate lateral bars give you different options to strengthen the muscles. The pulley system allows easy weight lifting by using the lateral bars for pull ups, pullovers, pull downs, and pulley rows to build your body muscle.
- EASY LEG WORKOUTS- With thick foam roller padding and a dual function leg developer that comes with a pivot point for a comfortable workout, the low pulley can be used for leg workouts via pulls with the foot wrap that can be attached to the leg developer.
- REACHER CURL BICEP PAD- This bicep pad is fully adjustable. Use it to pump some iron or use it with the lower pulley in a seated position. Perform barbell and hammer curls with ease without putting too much strain on your back.
Bowflex SelectTech 552- Two Adjustable Dumbbells
- Each dumbbell adjusts from 5 to 52.5 pounds; adjusts in 2.5 pound increments up to the first 25 pounds
- Lets you rapidly switch from one exercise to the next
- Combines 15 sets of weights into one,using a unique dial system
- Eliminates the need for multiple dumbbells cluttering your workout space
- Two year warranty on weight plates and parts
CAP Barbell Neoprene Dumbbell Set with Rack
- VERSATILE WORKOUTS-The durable, neoprene material covering these dumbbells is great for indoor and outdoor workouts; Use to target individual muscle groups or get a full body workout
- WHAT’S INCLUDED- A convenient dumbbell storage rack with 3 pairs of dumbbells in 3 pounds, 5 pounds and 8 pounds
- ANTI ROLL DESIGN- The hexagonal shape of the dumbbell heads prevents them from rolling when not in use
- PERFECT FOR TRAVEL- This set is compact and perfect for traveling; don’t let your workouts stop at home
- TONE & STRENGTHEN- Dumbbells are an essential addition to any strength training routine; Build muscle, improve core strength, boost balance, burn more calories, Increase energy levels and more by using dumbbells in your fitness routine
There you have it, the equipment I’ve posted on this page are not only convenient to store if you have limited space but will also give you a great workout. I hope that you can find something that will not only give you a great workout but a workout that you will enjoy doing. If you at least try to enjoy it then the odds of you successfully achieving your goals will skyrocket!
So in closing I just want to say that these are very scary times we are living in, lets do our best to stay safe out there. And remember how important it is to be healthy, working out will not only improve your body and overall health but it will also improve your mind.
We can’t sit around worrying about what’s going to happen to us, stay active in the privacy of your own home. Eat right and build your immune system and let’s beat this beast before it beats us. As always if there’s anything I can do for you shoot me a comment and I’ll do the best I can to help.
Until Next Time!